1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. (Ugly, kind, charitable..it all comes back...usually engraved on your face)
2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script. Still working on this one.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power. This one, too
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (There are felons who are truly bad men. Then there are felons who made a bad mistake. You need to know the difference.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you. (Knitting is good for this.)
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. Even "thank you" for a sunrise will do.
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction. (Lace is not for me.)
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Your gut doesn't lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others. It won;t hurt to look at a name tag and thank the checkers by name or thank the bagger or the waitress. it is such a little thing. Wave to the guy on the corner with the sign selling cell phones. he's not invisible.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn't hurt. It feels really good. It feels just like sitting with your babies in the sun. Hold on to that.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over. (That's why I like Monday's. Haven;t had a true chance to screw up yet.)
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. And it will never stop.
18. Doubt means don't. Don't move. Don't answer. Don't rush forward.
19. When you don't know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. Trouble don't last always. You'll get past it.