Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh, I am so in love with myself!

First name? Lately, I've been calling myself "Winter" since my last name is unpronounceable by inmates.

Were you named after anyone? If you are referring to my real name, I was named after 19% of all Irish girl babies. The others are named either Mary, Margaret, Mary Margaret or Margaret Mary.


When did you last cry? I think crying is good for you. I especially like crying over country western songs on the way to work.

When did you last get mad? I spend a lot of time forcing people to bend to my will, so I don't get mad--too much effort if you do it every day! I do get miffed and there is a lot of throwing up my hands and sending men home to cool off. I have gotten it down to the poimt where if I call them "my friend", the guys know that I have been pushed as far as I intend to be pushed. I have learned a lot of people skills here and have learned that (surprise) it's not always about me. Well, it's MAINLY about me.

I did get really mad about a 22 days ago, RAISED my voice THREE times and then tossed the whole bunch out. Now, when I get a new guy in and he hasn't realized that I really mean it when I say he can't swear in front of me that I really mean it. So that part of it is fixable.

But day to day? I have a lot of guys mad at ME. Whole bunches of them.


Do you have a journal? My blog and a hard copy one (since I was 8. Pretty boring) But I sort of like the person I see evolving..and I have led such an amusing life. And yeah-you ARE probably in it.

Would you bungee jump? I would and I have.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky road, but the marshmallows have to be real.

Shoe size? Size 7, almost.

Red or pink? Red and spiked

What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I'm a cynic. And because of my work, I think everyone is lying to me, getting ready to lie to me or have lied to me but I don't know it yet. We call it "getting up on your leg". Then there is the flip side, where I just trust people to be real and true and trust-worthy.

Who do you miss the most? I miss Marji (whom I talk to every day), Pat and Alicia. And Marnie. And me, sometimes.

What color pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Black, white, barefoot. I sort of had an explosion in my closet so there isn't a whole lot left.


Last thing you ate?? A raspberry truffle...someone delivered it to me at work, so I figure somebody wants something that they are pretty sure I don't want to do

What are you listening to right now? "Cocaine Blues"

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle


Favorite scents? Roses. Coconut. Cotton in a trailer. The way a walnut orchard smells in November. A haystack. The smell of a tractor...sort of oily and dirty and green, all at once. The top of a baby's head. The way the morning smells out on the ocean. The rain on parched ground. Tule fog.


The first thing you notice when you are attracted to someone? Eyes. I liked to know if someone is at home. And the smile wrinkles..it is important to know that he's had something to smile about..because I have

Favorite drink? Coffee. with cream. In the morning on the front porch.


Favorite sport?

Scuba diving...and I love the planet that I see there. Once, I saw thousands of flat sand dollars, laid out like coins spilled from a pirate ship.

Another time, I saw thousands of strawberry starfish. I've seen sharks (yikes), barracudas (double yikes), sea turtles and the first free dive I made, I found a sea urchin the size of my fist. Cold water, warm water, storm or calm sea...it is always an amazement

I love the trip out in the early morning and the way we all are busy getting our gear organized and on. Divers are incredibly giving, so there is always someone to help yank your gear around for you. And while I'm not diving to kill something, I love it when I'm out with a bunch of Japanese divers, because I know lunch is going to be fabulous.

Eye color? Knock out blue

Movies? Any IRA movies where stuff blows up. The bigger the better. Bruce Willis and Steven Segall, because you always know what you are going to get. Oh, and any of those football/baseball/basketball/swimteam ones. I love those, too.

Hugs or kisses? Hugs. I don't like too much invasion of my personal space. Unless of course, I'm kissing. Then I like that best. Nothing that invades me too fast. I'm a slow gal.

What books are you reading? Right now, I'm reading Where The Red Fern Grows to my students. I think I've read it out loud maybe 30 times. I'm not at the crying part yet and every time I read it, I think "this time I can get through it". Never happens. When I read to the guys I work with now, they are touched and embarrassed and worried because by the end, I am sobbing. They don't get a lot of enotion in prison, unless it is just testosteroni anger, so I just flip them out.

Favorite sounds? Running water. The hay truck. Trace Adkins. Opening doors. Slamming gates. The sound of the very quite and sneaky dogs trying to get up on the bed. (It used to be the very quiet and sneaky babies...so I guess things never change

Furthest you've been from home? Ireland and Columbia. (I drove to Columbia and turned around when there were guys with machine guns at the border. It was sort of a spur of the moment trip).

What's your special talent? I have a really good imagination

Attached or single? Very muchly attached

Best Friend- Marji and Pat...I talk to them every day

Cake or Pie- neither one blows my dress up. Too much sugar

Essential Items- Moisturizer, eyelash curler, lip gloss and some sun. I can get ready and out the door as soon as I find my shoes

Favorite color- turquoise

Gummi Bears or Worms- Can I just choose licorice?

Hometown- Porterville, CA

Indulgence- Facials and pedicures

January or February?- February....closer to spring

Kids- 4: Keri, Julie, Ben and Lisi

Life is incomplete without- the dogs laying around

Number of Siblings- Two sisters and a brother we adopted cause he fits so well with our family. When my husband dies, he and I are going to take a cruise down the Amazon. We used to live two blocks from each other and worked at the same school, right next door to each other. Besides my kids, he is the easiest person to say "I love you" to....and we have never had a fight. At least not with each other. He is my flip side.

Oranges or Apples?- man-eating oranges

Phobias/Fears- creepy crawlies

Favorite Quote- "It's not good, it's not bad, it just is"

Reason to Smile- when my kids descend on me with the mess and the noise and the babies and the dogs

Unknown fact about me- My life is an open book..no secrets here! (Easier that way).

Worse Habit- worrying. No, fretting.

Your Favorite Food- sushi AND sashimi

Zodiac- What sign was I born under? "Closed"

Ever have a near-death experience?
I saw the Angel of Death once. He didn't look like John Travolta, so I didn't go.

What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?


Any celeb you would marry?
Nope. Too much drama and bad photos.

Name someone with the same birthday as you:
Jimi Hendrix.

Do you have a crush on someone?
Yep. Always

Have you ever been in a fight?
Does a riot count?

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Who hasn't?

Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yep...Ann Jillian.

Do you wear a watch?
I don't ever need to know what time it is.

Do you have anything pierced?
Just my ears...double pierced.

Do you have any tattoos?
I have one planned...

Do you like pain?
I just had a new shoulder put in. Pain, I am well acquainted with. IT HURTS.

Do you like to shop?
My idea of torture. I wish I could just think of something and have it teleported in.

What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
I bought some lipstick...

What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
I've sworn off credit cards.

Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Elyce

What is on your desktop background?
Beautiful blossoms from my garden

What is the background on your cell phone?
Background? You can have a background?.

Do you have any weird relatives?
Isn't that the way they come?

What was the last movie you watched?
Oh, Rescue Me!! I love the whole firefighter/high drama/craziness of it

Did you or are you planning to go to college?
I did. Have an MA in Math from UCLA and another one in Spanish from USC. That's enough chair sitting for me. I have an accounting degree, too. I still can;t find my shoes in the morning

What is your favorite pair of pants that you own?
I have a pair from college that are so worn and so soft and still fit. Well, if I stand on my head.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Idaho, maybe. Or on Santibel, on the water. Or maybe Morro Bay. They have the best clam chowder.

No comments: