Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I did it! I did it!

I managed to cast on AND knit..well, it is sort of conceptual knitting..an entire swatch. Sort of roughly 5 x 5. Is that something or what? And yes, I can clearly see the multiple problems it has ( even when it is such a teeny tiny photo) but I'm going to pretend that this is just a SPED case and it simply needs some help. Since that is what I DO in real life, I bet I can help this little miserable thing along, too.

Plus, it is not my REAL yarn. It is just junk yarn. No need to torture my nice stuff. Notice the metal needles. I'm trying to save my bamboos for the nice stuff or they will refuse to work. Here is my nice stuff for my baby surprise sweater...which will be a BIG surprise if I manage to get it done without shredding the wool. Baby Jack will be talking in whole sentences by the time this gets done.

And keep in mind I am a ZEN knitter. I like knitting. I do not like a rompecabeza pattern that makes me want to bang my head. When I knit, I prefer not to think about much of anything. I like the sound of the air in my head, whooshing around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You GO, girl. Pretty "real" yarn, by the way.

Paulie said...

That is good news! Before you know it, you will get that project finished.

Novel said...

It's great that you managed to do that. I have looked for that pattern in shops here and no one even seems to have heard of it. Thrown back to ordering online, it seems.
Wonder if your teen beggar from the previous post got any money from anyone else...