Friday, September 21, 2007

Crazy, wild week with the ferals

I have never had so much confusion and yelling go on in my life. Every time I turned around, some big drama was going on..alarms, sirens...along with the general clamour and bedlam that makes up my day. I did some training this week...and I LOVE it but it totally throws me off my game.

Then,I was held over for AN HOUR---for what, I don't know. Don;t ev

I really thought I would be redirected (let loose) around one but I didn't get home until almost four, which made it six-thirty by the time we got to the boat...and the second I got out of the car, I could just feel myself melt. Boy, do I need this!

Our marina is very secluded, private and quiet. Out of maybe 200 boats, I can see lights on just two others...so it is like being on a private island. It is dark outside but the moon is bright enough to see the ripples in the water. It is just overwhelmingly peaceful. There is just the lightest mist of rain and it is just the exact kind of weather I really love...not so cold you are freezing, but cold enough to cuddle up against the chill.

The cabin is tiny, so it only takes a little while for it to warm up....and at the far end of the marina is a restaurant...great fish and chips, great clam chowder and really great desserts, so of course, no cooking tonight. I'll go to the market tomorrow and maybe even do some baking for next week. Banana bread and blueberry muffins. And lots of decent coffee.

I think that if it is stormy tomorrow, I'll go over to the house and knit but if it sunny, I'll just sit on the deck and read. I just need to unwind myself from this bundle of knots. It has been a very long week.

It is so odd that I can run 100 miles an hour all week and it is only now, at the end of it even realize how much I crave this peace? I work with a very needy and demanding feral population and at the end of the week, I am surprised that there is anything left of me at all.

Just knowing that I can sleep on the boat tonight and then have coffee on the deck...beyond tranquil.

1 comment:

Paulie said...

Sitting on the boat sounds so soothing. . . heck, anything to do with the ocean is wonderful to me!