Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ruthie's sweater for baby Jack is almost done.

He is one long lanky baby, so the sweater is 4 inches too short. Figured I would just graft on a new row of live stiches, merrily knit some ribbing and then cast off in a new, stretchy fininhed edge.
So that is what I did, during training today. And it was one piece of umber nice ribbing. When I finished it tongiht, I held up the sweater to match the seams and shucky darn, if it wasn;t both too short AND too narrow. No matter. NOw that I have a clue as to what went wrong (don't do it like that again) I can painlessly rip it out and re-do it. It's only ribbing. And I'd rather mess up 100 stiched of some damn fine but essestially wrong footed ribbing for BaBy Jack, of the adorable Ruthie than something important like...well, I'm not sure. At this juncture, nothing is more important than my baby Jack.

2 comments:

Paulie said...

Sounds like a doting grandma. . .

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged for a meme. Visit my blog to participate.