Thursday, January 08, 2009

I'm not any better off over at CholeknitsII so I'm still here

I may try wordpress when this totally breaks down. I can't post photos and see them to move them around; all I can see is code. But over at 2, I get the same thing, so I guess it is a new thing in bloggerland.

At any rate, here I am again and here I'm staying. I did change my header. Notice?

I'm trying to do more knitting this year. My one and only goal. Well, that and pay off my credit cards (8 out of ten this week) and what a story THAT was.

First I try to pay off all the cards onlline...nope. Evidently, online is only if you DON'T want to pay the account off. I have to call a super duper top secret number, where i get one of the rude minions, who wants to know my name, first and last. I tell him and he procedes to call me by my first name. HOLD IT RIGHT HERE. "I'd prefer it if you would call me MRS I'm Paying off my Card, if you don't mind." He promptly transfers me to a woman. She has no problem calling me MIPOMC and waiving the phone fee to do so.

And why could I not pay it online? It is set up to NOT allow you to pay it off online. This is a money making business, you understand.

And all this time, I thought Visa was my friend.

I have a little balance on Amazon and an every present balance on my gas card and then I'm free. Good feeling. Of course, this didn't magically HAPPEN. I've been working on this for an entire year. That would be an entire year of going to the lilbrary. Skipping Starbucks. Skipping the mall. Cooking and cleaning for my own self. (Ok. That was plain punishment for everyone concerned.)

My next budget cutting plan? My own yardwork. I know. I hate it. But since I am obviously the only one i can count on to do it and it is a nice way to unwind at the end of a very long, felon intense day, it will be good for me.

Plus you can take the girl off the farm but you can never take the farm out of the girl. I'd like to get my garden into sale-able shape. The bones are there and we're going to e here for three more years before the economy perks back up.

So expect so interesting only to me garden shots as I make something wonderful out of my little corner of the world here. It is the perfect spot and I have a koi pond filled with great water for irrigation. I just need to get on the garden train every day and go for it. Simple design. Beautiful produce and above all, the illusion that it take only minutes to achieve.

I can do that.
I've been doing that my whole life.

2 comments:

Katney said...

Chloe, are you in "Compose" mode? I only see code when I am in "HTML" mode. There is a tab at the top of the posting box like an index tab on a file folder.

I gave up moving pictures around, but when I really have to, I separate the pictures with a lot of space in compose, remember which one is where, and then go to html and copy the section of code that is the picture and move it and paste it. I then check to see if I got it right.

I've gone to loading pictures in the reverse order that I want them, because that is how Blogger sets them up.

PERBS said...

Hard to believe that you ran out of space since you usually use tiny photos. I like your new header but I will miss the Morro bay photo you had there. . .

I see I missed another post below. . . will go read it and comment there also.