Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ugly Shoes

I have just spent way too much time trying to jump start the economy over at Zappo's. Where did they find so many ugly shoes?

Maye it's the multi-view thingy, where I can look at the shoe from every possible angle. Not a great idea, obviously, especially when it's already an ugly shoe.

Once upon a time, I had tons of shoes. Capezios. Cute, cute, very cute. In every color. i was the queen of cute shoes.

Now I wear little grandma black runners from Rite Aide. $2.99. When they look ratty I throw them out and buy new ones. Sometimes I'll spring for little flats from Target, if I can bear to brave the crowds at Target.

I think that in the olden days, when there were actual shoe stores, it was just easier. Park the car, look for shoes and only shoes and Bob's your uncle. Not now. Everything's in a huge box store with a Starbuck's. Takes all the fun out of it.

Might as well go to RiteAide.

Because they send all the ugly shoes to Zappos.

1 comment:

PERBS said...

Not all the ugly shoes are at Zappos -- they shared them with Payless Shoes. sigh Guess I will wear my army boots for Christmas.