Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Love My Job

Monday, January 09, 2006


So I've figured out a new and more efficient way to write code and have upped my logging from 183 scores/day to about 375/hour. I am very impressed but it seems like I am the only one, since no one seems to know what I DO..only what I don't do.

At the big Monday meeting, I got called on the carpet because my reports are 3 days out of date...and since they use the report for 7 days, that means they are..gasp!..10 days outdated by the next meeting. I guess that is what happens when I work M-F. Get over your bad selves.

THen it seems like every inmate at this asylum wants to know when I'm going to get this or that done...and they are very good at letting me know how many requests they've sent in. I have to laugh...I send out the same info for each of the maybe 10 different requests/problems/dilimmas...and if they don't like the answer, they just ask again.

So this afternoon, I have to go do computer inventory. The sheet I have is in no particular order..printers of all kinds, monitors and towers all mixes up...no particular number order either. Here at work, we have 3 or 4 tags on every piece of property...there is the property tag and the serial number and model number and program number...they are all on the inventory list for me to wade thru. So I decided to retype the whole thing so I could sort it to please me...my shoes hurt and I didn't want to walk all over creation anyway. I have an appointment in the morning with the AISA, and as soon as he is gone, I'll go count parts.

No comments: