Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy birthday to me

I had birthday pie for breakfast; I'm going to the fabric shop AND the yarn shop (I have a grandbaby on the way and need to make a sweater and blanky) and then I'm watching HOUSE whilst I knit.

That was the end of 2006.
Now it is the end of January, 2007. I'm back at work. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Dad's death and somedays, I wonder what one earth I did in that last year I was off. I am busy getting taxes done, knitting is never ending and we have had a huge freeze here, so I am not realy sure what is left of my garden (weeds, I am sure have managed to survive).

I have a lap afgan almost finished for my mother (who is on her way to an assisted living facility, I am sure). I have a grandbaby boy due in March and a visit from the babies in June.

And that is pretty much it.

3 comments:

Novel said...

Good to have you back, Chloe :o)

Cambria said...

Happy Birthday! January 21st was my father's birthday and my parents anniversary. It would have been 27 years. He died on the 23rd. I hate January but a new baby took all the edge off it this year. Maybe a new Grandbaby will take the edge off for you next year.

RivahGal said...

Hi Chloe, I read your posts on the Tnet site and love your style, esp. when talking about parenting, kids, etc! You sound like my kind of mom. :) I've been called a "mean mom" because I say what I mean and mean what I say. I have no problem with being mean, and have started a Yahoo group for other mean moms, and those who want to be mean moms. I figure that the world - and kids! - could use more mean moms.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

JulieVA
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MeanMomClub
egdlccrc